Fintelligent Search are working with a London based Specialist Lending business looking to strengthen its Underwriting Team following an increase in business.
Reporting to the Head of Department and Senior Management, the role is responsible for underwriting and approving new BTL lending proposals in line with Company Lending Policy, clearly communicating rationale behind lending decisions to all relevant parties.
Underwriters interested in this position should have held or currently be in a position in which they were responsible for the below:
- Working with Case Managers and Completion Managers in processing applications from enquiry to completion, ensuring reasons for underwriting requirements and special conditions are understood.
- Liaising with intermediaries on new enquiries and proposals ensuring underwriting requirements and/or reasons for decline are communicated clearly and effectively.
- Presenting clear and concise lending recommendations to senior signatories for proposals which require exceptions or fall outside parameters of mandate.
- Participate in daily deal committees
- Assess and appraise valuation reports
As a business, this client provides a competitive salary between £40,000 – £45,000 dependant on experience and an attractive benefits package.
To be considered for this position, candidates should possess the following experience:
- Previous experience in a mortgage underwriting role
- BTL lending underwriting
- Held a personal mandate of £500,000
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Underwriting business received from brokers
- Working in a pressured environment
CV’s can be sent directly ideally with a note of availability for telephone/video call to discuss application.