Fintelligent are working exclusively with a Greater Manchester based subprime lending business looking to further develop its Underwriting Division to support SME’s in securing working capital in a period of economic recovery. Providing a high energy environment within a business with a global reach and over a decade of sector experience, as an Underwriter you would receive a salary of £30,000 + bonus and an opportunity to progress your career in a collaborative team.
Are you looking for a career in an exciting and expanding business and posses experience working in a fast paced environment? This could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Responsibilities of an Underwriter in this role include:
- Assess the risk, accurately underwrite and mandate short term financial solutions to businesses
- Assess and evaluate the financial position and credit worthiness of all applications
- Minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance
- Interpret and evaluate external credit reference agency data and undertake due diligence
- Accurately assess the risk of an application ensuring the advance is affordable, reasonable and sustainable with an underwriting rationale applied to each case prior to funding
The successful applicant will be joining a fairly small and mixed team and will be required to be office based at least for an initial 6 month period with the business currently considering a more hybrid WFH/Office working pattern in the future.
As an Underwriter your application will be required to demonstrate the below experience:
- Minimum of 6 months manual Underwriting experience
- Commercial Lending experience (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with the main credit reference agencies
- Strong and confident communicator
Interviews are being arranged ASAP so if you would be interested in being considered send your CV today!