We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join a market leading organisation that specialises in property services. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fast-growing area of a very successful company that are at the forefront of their industry. The role involves supporting a key stakeholder who is also one of the nicest and most highly regarded people in the business to effectively run the operation and manage key relationships. The role comes with a generous salary of £30,000 – £35,000 P.A, tons of benefits, including 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, an award-winning benefits package, great hours and plenty of room for growth and progression.
As an Operations Manager, you will play a key role in supporting a senior stakeholder run a highly successful area of the business, key duties will involve;
- Supporting the National Sales Operations Manager in the running and resourcing of the business.
- Working closely with the teams, technology suppliers, trusted business partners. Helping to coordinate and progress projects and tasks to meet the businesses goals.
- Support the improvement of operations and efficiency within the business by progressing critical paths, delivering projects on time, providing advice and guidance to employees on process, flagging urgent issues with the Head of National Sales Operations.
- Lead and participate in team / leadership and project meetings.
- Preparing detailed meeting minutes and following up with actions.
- Collaborating with key partners and people across the business and acting as a central ‘hub’ of knowledge and assistance.
- Working on recruitment strategies to attract the best talent.
- Be the SME of all systems, websites for the business unit
The successful Operations Manager will be;
- Strategy, or Sales Operations; ideally experience supporting a breadth of operational projects and technology improvement
- A clear communicator, who is comfortable in conducting meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience helping organise and provide direction for multiple teams and departments
- Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- 2 + years of total work experience in Consulting, Strategy, or Sales Operations; ideally work experience supporting a breadth of projects and functions
- Experienced with growth strategies, and operations
- Must have experience in system improvements and have not issues getting to grips with systems and technology
If you want to work for a market leading company with an unrivalled reputation, opportunity to grow, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and an award-winning benefits package then please apply now for immediate consideration.